Dan in Austin created this beautiful video of his backyard coop, built using The Garden Coop chicken house plans. His coop is among several to become featured in Austin’s approaching Funky Chicken House Tour (April 7, 2012).
So browse the video, then read Dan’s overview of our plans below. And if you’re in Austin at the begining of April, visit and find out his coop around the tour!
Dan’s overview of Your Garden Coop plans
Dan also submitted several photos of his coop and notes to assist others while using Garden Coop intends to build and personalize their very own walk-in chicken house:
You’ve another happy customer lower in Austin, Texas. It was my first “real” construction project and, although it required more than I was expecting, I many userful stuff here and also have no regrets about going all-to build something great. My neighbors and coworkers happen to be following a project, and they’re absolutely surprised about how nice it switched out.
I initially checked out countless different coops in a large number of variations, but not one of them appeared to become appropriate in my needs. Residing in Texas, it was vital in my experience the design had good ventilation and defense against the sun’s rays.
Outdoors-roof design works fantastically, and that i such as the semi-modular nature from the interior walls. Right now i’m departing the inside walls off to ensure that heat can dissipate easily. The additional height causes it to be a lot more enjoyable, and my 7-week-old pullets like to roost in place full of the “jungle.”
Buy Ambien Fast Delivery Some observations:
- I made use of https://www.harrisonbrook.co.uk/dsoohioouz rough-cut cedar plank. It was not until I’d made the outer walls which i recognized this throws from the measurements a little for several areas (like the human door). Modifying with this was pretty easy, but this can be worth a mention for other novices for example myself.
- I made use of https://mariamore.com/zebae4z4 deck screws all over the place instead of nails therefore it managed to get easy to return and proper the periodic mistake.
- I did not wish to have to wire the lower and upper hardware cloth together, and so i https://roommatesevilla.com/2023/06/01/2hoaz5ve trimmed the material and stapled it together in the midway point all over the coop. I Then wired extra cloth towards the bottom where it’s sunk in to the earth. It labored OK, but most likely wasn’t well worth the effort.
- I found that https://heleven.com/ng0puz0t some hardware cloth is simply warped — particularly in the outer edges. Setting it up to remain flat was tough until I purchased another brand in the home improvement store.
- Do not work with wet wood, specially the fence siding. Mine reduced up almost 1/4″ occasionally. so I needed to redo a couple of boards.
- Until I’ve more plant-shade along the side of the coop, I’ve slapped on the Ambien Online Europe reed “fence” panel in the home improvement store. I’ve been too busy to trim and line this up well, however it need to look nice.
- I discovered a https://lakrafteriadecorazon.com/gyajnbcl9h great combination secure-latch that needs to be safe. . . as lengthy when i don’t tell the raccoons the mixture.
Dan authored again lately to talk about his knowledge about Your Garden Coop throughout a brutal spell of Texas heat. Here’s what he stated:
The coop offered us well throughout a record-breaking heat wave last summer time. We’d 85 times of 100°+ heat, and i believe that Order Ambien Online Uk the incorrect coop design will be a disaster. A few of the methods to help keep things awesome are:
- A cheap mister line that is zip-associated with the hardware cloth around the ceiling.
- https://www.somerandomthoughts.com/2023/06/01/u4nejem Reed fencing, trellis, as well as an https://www.allthingsankara.com/2023/06/2ka0h9ls.html extra platform for shade.
- Interior plywood walls are removed in summer time.
- Front window hinges open for ventilation and it is engrossed in hardware cloth.
- Interior henhouse door could be left open for ventilation.
Listed here are a couple of photos showing a few of the things Dan mentions above — the mister, trellis (two views), and open window around the henhouse:
Visit Dan’s blog for additional
As you can tell from his video and photos above, Daniel has ongoing to change Your Garden Coop to match his altering needs and concepts. Read much more about his coop modifications — and chickens and garden — on his urban homesteading blog, From Your Garden, including this publish about how he added a trellis aside of his chicken house.
Thank you to Dan for discussing his video, pictures, and concepts. Like what he’s completed with his coop? Tell him having a comment below. And spread the minds!
Read other articles tagged with: Austin, Coop Tours, Nest Boxes, Seasons, Texas, Your Garden Coop, Trellis, Videos. Or filed under: Coop Tours, Allow It To Be Your Personal. You are able to follow any responses for this entry with the RSS 2. feed. This entry was published on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 at 7:03 am. You are able to leave an answer, or trackback out of your website.
Chicken Coop Decor Tour
Comments are closed here.